Ethical Corporation is now Reuters Events - LEARN MORE
Build a responsible, resilient and secure value chain
We’re just under two months away from our 9th Annual Sustainable Supply Chain Summit. Some of the confirmed brands to attend include; John Lewis, WWF, The Co-operative, PepsiCo, Intel, Henkel, Rainforest Alliance, Tesco, Unilever, Greenpeace and many more.
I’ve listed five top reasons why you and your company would benefit from attending:
1. Hear how to create and manage a robust, sustainable supply chain strategy
We’ve spent months speaking to your peers discovering the key issues and opportunities that are experienced in building and improving value chain practices.
Wherever you are in your strategy, our packed agenda will offer you answers and ideas that you can take back to your office. Some of the key sessions include:
- Worker empowerment: Building direct communication channels with workers in your supply chain
- Traceability and conflict minerals: Transferrable lessons for non-mineral value chains
- Developing metrics: Measuring environmental footprint throughout the value chain
- Circular economy: Opportunities and challenges in creating circular product economies
- Water risk: Mitigating the social risk of water through stakeholder engagement
- Carbon emissions: Minimising Carbon Emissions through Logistical Strategy
- Deforestation: A corporate blueprint to ending deforestation through procurement strategy
- Monitoring: Creating useful supplier auditing programmes and leveraging platforms
- Supplier capacity development: Implementing effective coaching and training programmes
- Embedding sustainability into supply chain and procurement: The organisational how-to
Visit here to get a full run-down on the top topics being addressed.
2. Build relationships across a multitude of industries
This event is built for and serves value chain, supply chain, procurement, CSR practitioners along with key government, civil society and associations. Our aim is to provide a setting where you can meet and build long-lasting relationships across both your value chains and others.
This cross-industry events nsures you meet and network with people that are tackling the same issues as you, but potentially tackling them in a different way.
Over the past couple of years we have seen the likes of; Skanska, Telefonica, McDonald's, Ikea, Sainsbury's, Coca-Cola, Rio Tinto, Mitsubishi Electric, Royal Canadian Mint, Neal's Yard Remedies, and many more attend the Summit.
Take a look at how you and your company would benefit from being part of this event.
3. Get real-life insight and tactics from your peers
Real world experience is better than theory. That's why we've bring you a roster of 30+ speakers that will offer you expert insiight into the dos and don'ts. Over the two days the cross-industry speakers will present ideas and insight to shape your future strategy:
- Unilever - Dirk Jan de With, Vice President Procurement Ingredients & Sustainability
- Marks & Spencer - Louise Nicholls, Head of Responsible Sourcing
- Ethical Trading Initiative - Peter McAllister, Executive Director
- Ericsson - Madeleine Fries, Head of Responsible Sourcing
- Tesco - Giles Bolton, Ethical Trading Director
- Deutsche Telekom Group - Luis Neves, VP, Group Climate Change and Sustainability Officer
- Sedex - Carmel Giblin, CEO
- SAB Miller - Anna Swaithes, Head of Water and Food Security Policy
- BASF - Kirstie McIntyre, Vice President, Sustainability Strategy
Visit here to get a full run-down on the 30+ expert speakers at The Sustainable Supply Chain Summit.
4. Not your average conference
The format of the Summit in some ways is just as important as the content. We try to make sure that all our sessions are as interactive and interesting as possible. PowerPoint is banned from nearly all sessions.
We believe that a conference should be a place for senior execs to come together to overcome tough challenges and map the future of their industry. Every one of our sessions is a discussion, where senior executives are asked tough questions by their peers. There will be live case study scenarios, roundtable discussions, Q&A sessions – making the Sustainable Supply Chain Summit a place where you, the delegate, take centre-stage.
Download the free event guide to learn about all the new formats and sessions.
5. A proven track record of quality
Now in it's 9th year the Sustainable Supply Chain Summit has a proven history of bringing together the best in the business to tackle the key issues that matter now.
Some of the feedback from last year's Summit includes:
"It was great to spend time exploring the real value of an ethical supply chain with such a high calibre of group of professionals. It’s always reassuring to see the commonalities, as well as the inspiring new approaches being taken."
Sainsbury's, Chief Executive Officer, Mike Coupe
"Wonderful event bringing together different industries"
Nokia, Senior Manager - Sourcing Sustainability, Miia Hapuoja
"Excellent forum and a great opportunity to connect with industry partners, NGO’s and other interested stakeholders. There was a very positive engagement throughout the conference and a genuine interest in the important topics being discussed."
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Vice President Procurement, David Cowell
"This summit is an extremely good platform to exchange practical ideas on sustainable procurement and to shape the future of corporate sustainability."
Deutsche Telekom, Group Sustainability and Climate Change Officer, Luis Neves
Discover the full benefits of attending this year's Summit#ssc14 Supply Chain best practice supply chain management Supply Chain Summit value chain strategy