Ethical Corporation has just announced the six key themes for the 2019 Responsible Business Summit New York
Building on past year success and growth, Ethical Corporation will expand the impact and number of tracks for the 2019 Responsible Business Summit New York to tackle the key challenges and opportunities that business faces. The summit, which will be taking place in New York City on 18-19 March 2019, is set to bring together the best, most innovative and inspiring organizations in responsible business to share ideas and actions on how business can take the lead in delivering the sustainable future. The ambitious, issue-based agenda falls under six key themes:
1. Strategy, Innovation and Impact – Companies need to invest and innovate in new strategies and products that will help lead to a clean, sustainable future. Sessions include:
• SDG Keynote: Financing the Sustainable Development Goals
• Collaboration Keynote: Delivering the Global Goals through ambitious coalitions
• Think like a start-up: Disrupt industry norms through sustainable innovation
• SDG Partnership Workshop: Identifying new partnerships to tackle the SDGs
Organizations confirmed to speak within this theme include: Mars, International Paper, IBM, Oracle, Medtronic and J.P. Morgan
2. Climate Action and Investment – To meet the 1.5-degree target requires ambitious investments and innovations. Companies will discuss and share their latest innovations, collaborations and technologies that are accelerating the move to a low-carbon economy. Sessions include:
• Climate Action Keynote: Achieving growth through a net-positive ambition
• Cities Keynote: Collaborating to achieve the clean, smart city of the future
• Embed circular-thinking across the business
• Engage and incentivize suppliers on new climate goals and action
Organizations confirmed to speak within this theme include: Aquafil, Closed Loop Partners, Chicobag and Greenpeace
3. Supply Chain Management – The majority of environmental and societal pressures fall within the supply chain. Focus of discussions will be on new emerging innovations, technologies, and collaborations critical to sustainable, cost-effective supply chain strategies. Sessions include:
• Supply Chain Keynote: De-carbonizing the supply chain through new technology and innovations
• Visibility beyond Tier 1: Identify new risks and opportunities
• Beyond Audits: Systems, collaborations and technologies that address human rights risks
• Plastics Workshop: Reduce, recycle and replace
Organizations confirmed to speak within this theme include: Sodexo, Walgreen Boots Alliance, Greenpeace, Cisco, Enel, Gap, Subway and APG Asset Management
4. ESG and Investors – Investors are critical to helping accelerate the responsible business agenda. But what do investors really want? How can companies improve their disclosures and engagement on ESG information? Sessions include:
• ESG Disclosure Keynote: Transparent, investor-driven
• Ratings and Rankings Agency Keynote: Greater comparability and transparency
• Getting the Right Data: What do investors want?
• ESG Data: What should we really be measuring?
• Purpose-driven Communications, part 3: Investors
Organizations confirmed to speak within this theme include: Citi, Breckinridge Capital Advisors, ABN AMRO, ING, American Electric Power, Moody’s, RobeccoSAM and Office of New York City Comptroller
5. Measurement and Reporting – The increased risk to the business of ESG issues has led to a focus on the disclosure and ultimately the data behind impacts. Companies need to accurately report impact and disclose future risks and opportunities. Sessions include:
• Traceability and Transparency: Getting full visibility and accurate data from source
• Evidencing Impact: Putting a robust value on your impacts
• Reporting on long-term value creation
• TCFD Workshop
Organizations confirmed to speak within this theme include: Walgreen Boots Alliance, American Forest Foundation, Anthem, Calstrs, Cornerstone Capital and UN Global Compact
6. Communicate, Engage and Educate – Transparent, holistic communications is now more important than ever. Companies need to demonstrate leadership and purpose among key stakeholder groups. Sessions include:
• Purpose-driven Communications, part 1: Employees
• Purpose-driven Communications, part 2: Customers and communities
• The transparency dilemma
Organizations confirmed to speak within this theme include: American Express, Domtar, Pernod Ricard and Future 500
The Responsible Business Summit is the USA’s premier platform where senior practitioners from across the country meet and share practical ideas on how their businesses can lead the change to a new sustainable future. There is no fluff, just actionable insights and honest discussions on the challenges and opportunities ahead.
For further details contact Ed Long, Project Director at Ethical Corporation at email@example.com or call +44 (0) 207 375 7188.
Ethical Corporation’s mission is to help businesses around the globe do the right thing by their customers and the world. We believe this is not only how to ensure a future for all but makes good business sense. We serve CSR, compliance, risk and governance communities with topical and insightful business intelligence and meeting places.
We provide business intelligence to more than 3,000 multinational companies every year. Our customers are also NGOs, think-tanks, academia, governments and consultancies. We publish the leading responsible business magazine, website, and research reports. Our conferences are widely recognized as the best in the field.