Jan 21, 2018
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please submit your motivation letter and CV no later than January 21, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also make special mention of any existing affiliation with SAI Platform or any of its members.
SAI Platform was established in 2002 as a food industry and retail collaborationand is committed to harnessing the collaborative power of members to accelerate widespread adoption of sustainable agricultural practices. As very much an organisation of the membership, for the membership and by the membership and supported by a strong Secretariat and executive committee, progress is achieved through membership-led working groups and committees.
Today SAI Platform has reached 15 years as an organization and proudly celebrates the good progress that has been made. SAI platform has a solid foundation and growing membership of over 100 members and affiliate members with an annual budget of almost €2M.
SAI Platform is looking for a Director General to catalyse and scale delivery and to help the members achieve their own committed futures for a sustainable supply chain. S/he will successfully shape, implement and promote SAI Platform strategic aimsand will influence and engage a strong and diverse network of people and organisations to accelerate next steps of delivery and ensure optimal achievement.
· Lead the public profile and engagement;
· Continue to develop thought leadership, a clear vision and strategic plans;
· Catalyse and scale change;
· Provide effective leadership to the Secretariat;
· Ensure further membership diversification and growth of SAI Platform;
The Director General will report directly to the President and Executive Committee Member of SAI Platform.
The Director General is inspiring, engaging and an excellent communicator with the confidence to engage in high profile representation and strategic planning with diverse stakeholder groups. S/he is very organized, self-motivated and preferably has a degree level education and a minimum of 10 years of relevant international work experience. S/he has:
· Excellent strategic agility with a track record of identifying and delivering strategic priorities;
· Proven effectiveness in both corporate and multi-stakeholder engagement and the stature to inspire audiences at all levels;
· Excellent communication skills and demonstration of outstanding public speaking;
· Robust sustainability and global agricultural supply chains knowledge and experience;
· Accomplished leader with excellent people and performance management skills and in developing and managing high performing teams;
· Excellent written and spoken English.
· Good familiarity with certification and understanding of the current issues and discussions pertaining to sustainability standards;
· Experience in membership organisations with proven track record of membership management and growth;
· Experience creating a variety of income streams and/or fundraising from international donors and foundations.
Location: Candidates will be home-based and work remotely in a virtual team. Travel to the Brussels based head office for SAI Platform is expected as required.
Travel: Travel is required and on average expected to be 20 - 40%.
This position is open to applicants of all nationalities, however, we can only consider candidates who have or do not need a work and residency permit for the EU.
For further information please feel free to contact:
Annelies Pijnenburg (not available Jan 2 - 5)
Sustainability Works Tel +31(0)646680191