The report provides an update on the company’s social and environmental strategy and performance in 2012.
22 March, the ING Group Sustainability Report 2012, ‘ING in Society’, was published. The report provides an update on the company’s social and environmental strategy and performance in 2012. It contains data on different aspects of our business and operations, and aims to service the information needs of our stakeholders, such as customers, employees and the sustainable investor community.
In his message, Jan Hommen, CEO of ING Group, states his priorities for the organization going forward, ‘An important priority for us is to restore trust. This starts by being a strong and financially sustainable company that puts its customers first. Creating value for our shareholders is crucially connected to the prosperity of the communities in which we operate and the financial wellbeing of our customers’.
Some of the highlights in the ING in Society Report are:
- The scope and application of ING’s Environmental and Social Risk Framework was expanded and further developed
- ING was elected as the chair of the Equator Principles Association Steering Committee for 2012/2013 mandate
- ING nearly doubled its Sustainable Assets allocated
- ING Bank launched the ING Procurement Sustainability Standards, based on the UN Global Compact principles
- ING again operated 100% climate neutral
- ING Bank and ING Insurance/IM prolonged the partnership with UNICEF for respectively three years and one year
- 92,469 children were provided with access to quality education through the ING UNICEF partnership in 2012
Click here to download the 2012 Sustainability Report ‘ING in Society’. The Dutch version will be available before the ING Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on 13 May 2013.