IHG (Intercontinental Hotels Group) publish their Annual Responsible Business Report, in which they state that "responsible business practices will enhance and protect the reputation of IHG and its brands."
London, UK - 2nd March 2015
The IHG 2014 Responsible Business Report is available to view and download now.
IHG's commitment to responsible business is part of their culture, and feel it underpins their entire strategy. It provides the opportunity to protect the environment, create job opportunities, and improve community resilience.
In September 2013, IHG launched their targets for 2013-2017. These targets signal a commitment to doing business responsibly and to creating shared value for IHG, their owners, the environment and the local community.
To demonstrate progress against these targets, and to showcase key milestones, IHG have produced the Responsible Business Report. The report also highlights some of the great things that they achieved last year. This includes:
- Training 20,000 colleagues on the updated IHG Code of Conduct
- 100,000 colleagues taking part in risk management e-learning courses
- Announcing the global roll-out of the IHG Green Engage™ system as a brand standard
- A 3% reduction in our carbon footprint per occupied room from a 2012 baseline
- A 4.2% reduction in water use per occupied room in water-stressed areas from a 2012 baseline
- Doubling the number of IHG® Academy programmes to 626 in 58 countries
- Responding to 18 disasters in nine countries through our disaster relief programme IHG® Shelter in a Storm
To view and download the report, follow this link.
Follow IHG on Facebook.